Rates and Time Estimates
How much time and money will you invest in getting your space under control? There is no right answer to this; I don't believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. We'll work together to create a plan that works for you.
what you can expect from me
- I will work side by side with you to figure out what stays and what goes.
- We can reorganize the space together, or I can do it for you.
- I will take your discarded items away - you don't have to figure out what to do with them.
- I will follow up with emails and texts to keep you on track and provide encouragement.
- If you want to work on your own after our session, I'll help you make a plan you can stick to, with specific tasks, and I'll provide accountability via phone calls or electronic communications.
Whether you're looking for a quick tune-up or long-term habit changes, we can come up with a solution that suits your schedule and temperament. Here are my current packages - if you don't find a great fit we can tailor one for you. There is a two-hour minimum - I find we can't get a satisfactory amount done in less time.
- Small purge: 2 hours. This is a power session, concentrating on a single room or closet or a couple of desks, dressers, etc. $95
- Medium ridding: 4 hours. The perfect amount of time to not only clear out some clutter, but to think critically about how to organize your stuff so that it will stay put. $185
- Large clear-out: 2 3-hour sessions. You'll have an assignment in between to keep you on track and to make the most of our time together. $275
- Grand cleanse: 3 hours per week over 4 weeks for a total of 12 hours. I'll give you homework and accountability check-ins between the in-person sessions. As we tame the clutter you'll find that maintaining organization becomes much simpler. $525
The amount of time it takes depends on how much stuff you've got and how disorganized it is. I hesitate to give estimates sight unseen, because there are so many variables, including personal preference. Some people like to really talk through their decisions while others move like a tornado. I am available to help in whatever way will best serve you.
That being said, here are some very general guidelines, assuming you have a moderate amount of clutter:
To purge and reorganize a small room - closet, pantry, bathroom, will probably take between 2 and 5 hours.
A kitchen, bedroom or living room will be more like 6-10 hours.
A packed garage or basement will be longer - maybe 10-15 hours.
My goal is to help you get into a new mindset regarding your relationship to stuff. My value is in coaching you to make decisions that work for you, including thinking strategically about managing the stuff you de. We'll work at a pace that you find comfortable, from slow and steady to down and dirty.